Interior Designer Position
DESIGN LOFT LLC is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Interior Designer based in Palo Alto, California.
- Implement interior design solutions for each project from concept through installation, including initial assessment of client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, job site measurement and construction drawings.
- Design full set of architectural drawings for building permit submittal’s and collaborate with the building city officials during the permitting and construction phases of projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with clients in a professional and organized manner to ensure projects conform to contract and design specifications.
- Estimate requirements and costs for interior design factors such a space planning, layout and use of furnishing or equipment, and color coordination.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, design preferences, purpose and function.
- Prepare project presentations and meet with clients to convey vision.
- Work closely with project architect and general contractor to ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents.
- Perform selection of furnishings, finishes, lighting, plumbing, art & accessories. Get quotes, create purchase orders and follow up on the delivery.
- Inspect construction work on site to ensure its adherence to the design plans and take before and after photos of the projects.
- Coordinate with fabricators, vendors and subcontractors to ensure project deliverables, timelines and quality execution.
- Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes from project meetings.
This position requires master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Architecture & Design, or a related field.
Send your resume to: email@example.com or mail to
Design Loft LLC
4020 Fabian Way Suite 201
Palo Alto, CA 94303